Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Today's Silver Price: $32.52/t.oz.

****************************************

I woke up this morning to an email informing me that someone had purchased an item on my Etsy page. Today was a good day! One sterling silver and amethyst beaded bracelet SOLD!

****************************************

Stores everywhere are preparing for Black Friday. People everywhere are preparing for Black Friday- making lists of stores they are going to hit, alphabetizing the items they will buy, taking out a third mortgage, raiding their 401Ks...  My first couple of jobs were in retail and the phrase Black Friday brings to mind chaos, bedlam, mayhem and hysteria. Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving when an enormous amount of shopping occurs. It has been dubbed Black Friday because this is the day that will often take businesses out of the red (negative profits) and into the black (positive profits). Thus hoping to spur even more frenzied shopping, most stores have implemented massive sales on this particular day to draw customers in... and it works. There probably are some amazing deals out there on Black Friday, but I don't think I have ever been out shopping on this infamous day. I prefer to stay home in my pajamas and eat turkey sandwiches.

The Monday following Thanksgiving and Black Friday has become known as "Cyber Monday" because of the tremendous amount of online shopping that now takes place on this day. Why do people shop online so much on Cyber Monday? I have no idea. Maybe it's because they are starting to emerge from their turkey-induced coma and want to shop, but don't have the strength to leave the house? Maybe they are too embarrassed to go out to stores because they have wicked turkey farts?

After reading so much lately about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I've been thinking that I may just put all of my jewelry on my Etsy page for these big shopping days. As I have mentioned previously I usually separate my stock between items listed on Etsy and items that I bring to craft shows. It is always a dilemma as to whether or not I post something on my site. Also that means a large portion of my jewelry stock would be sitting unseen in a box until my next show.

My plan for this weekend is to get every piece of jewelry that I can up on my Etsy page. Just throw it all up there and see what happens. As my aunt says, if you throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick. Guess what? This morning some of it stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment