Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wire Om Pendant

Today's Silver Price: $31.61/t.oz.

I love the Sanskrit OM symbol. I love the beauty of the shape and I love the concept that it represents. Om is the sound of the universe, the sound from which all other sounds arise. Chanting the word Om during yoga practice or meditation has mental and spiritual benefits, while the vibrations of the sound massage the inner organs of the body.

I've purchased some sterling silver Om charms in the past and made some beautiful earrings. However these charms can be quite expensive.

After receiving my last wire shipment I started playing with some of the silver-plated wire, bending it into shapes. I wondered if I could bend the wire into an Om symbol. Here's what I came up with:



It's a little sloppy, but I think with some practice I can perfect this! I also have to experiment with hammering the wire, because hammering will make the wire harder and stronger so it should hold the shape better. I think this would be a great pendant!

3 comments:

  1. If you are searching for sterling silver om necklace at affordable prices, then Petas Jewellery is one of appropriate choices for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Express Wig Braids is an online wigs store which offers high quality and affordable wigs like braid wigs, faux dreads wig, cornrow box braid and more. Make an order online on https://expresswigbraids.com/

    ReplyDelete