Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

On the Back Burner

Today's Silver Price: $34.09/t.oz.

This has been a very unproductive week in terms of jewelry making. I've been feeling crappy since Monday night, so I haven't made anything new. I started on a new nickel heart necklace but only go two hearts done. Only 30 or so more to go...

I've had several comments on my latest posts to Etsy. I also post them on my Facebook business page for more exposure. I've had two people contact me inquiring about purchases... but so far no concrete deals... hmmmm.

I started playing around with some different chain link ideas last weekend. I made a few swirl links out of the nickel wire and connected them with jump rings- I'm going to finish that project this weekend and see how it looks as a 32" necklace.

I've been doing some internet research to see if I can find some sort of wire Celtic knot design, but so far I haven't found anything good. I actually have a book on Celtic wire jewelry but it's been a bit disappointing. There was one design that I want to try but it will take a lot of wire. The links are doubled up wire that has been bent into spirals. Not really what comes to mind when I think of Celtic but it is an interesting design.

Another design I found on YouTube is an Egyptian wire link necklace. The intricate links form a really cool chain. Again, this is a design that will use a lot of wire. I suppose if I'm using more material I can put a higher price on the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment