Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Next Level

Today's Silver Price: $35.24/t.oz.

Silver is up $1.09 today... UGH! 

I sold a necklace at my office today! It was a nickel wire heart link necklace. All I had to do was wear mine to work and someone wanted to buy one! Easy peasy.

I realized today that my day job is NOT making ends meet. After an expensive car repair this week I've decided that something has to change. I've already cut back on a lot of things. I don't buy new clothes, I bring my lunch to work, I don't go out much on weekends. The problem is I'm not binging in enough money to pay for Life in General. So it's time to kick the jewelry biz thing into high gear. I really need to designate time each week for making jewelry and getting it posted to Facebook and my Etsy page.

These wire necklaces could be a big money maker. At $25 a pop, or $29 through the Etsy page (includes shipping), they have the potential for creating greater income than the smaller jewelry items (obviously!).

I do have two events on the horizon... but actually only one of them would be for jewelry. Last year I did a craft fair at a local bar that was having an Earth Day celebration featuring female musicians, dancers, crafters and artists. It was a really cool event! There was no table fee for this event so every sale was profit, and I made several sales that night. I've heard from the organizer that the bar will be holding this event again on April 21st. Sweet! I think I may have mentioned before- people buy more when they've been drinking!

The other event is an outdoor art festival. Artists are able to purchase booth space to sell their work in. This one is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, though I have not yet found the registration form or pricing information.

Both of these events look promising. I just have to be ready with a LOT of inventory! It works out well though, in April I can focus on making jewelry, and in May I can focus on paintings. It's nice when The Universe lays out a path for you to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment