Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Love Is In The Air

Today's Silver Price: $30.10/t.oz.

My next big push will be Valentine's Day jewelry on my Etsy page. Maybe some love themed paintings?? We'll see if I have the time.

I've found some wire heart designs that I am eager to try out. One is a necklace made from linked wire hearts. I think it could be a big seller. I am also hoping to find some reasonably priced heart charms that I could use in bracelets and earrings. Hearts, hearts, hearts! Ooooo, copper hearts might be very interesting. I could call them "Firey Hearts." Oh the ideas are forming! Along with some red beads they could be attractive and unique.

I haven't made a purchase yet from Rio Grande, I'm still trying to figure out what to get. I am definitely going to try some silver-plated components and chain. I really need to start making necklaces. I think necklaces are very popular and are great for gifts- and I can charge more for them as they use more materials. I'm thinking I'll make a lot of 24" and 30" necklaces, those lengths seem to be in fashion again. I have an idea for a silver-plated chain and clear glass bead necklace.

I also have those evil eye beads and I never used them. I should look into some base metal components that I can make bracelets with. I haven't used them because they were larger than I expected and did not look right with the bracelet components (spacer beads) that I currently have. They would probably look really good with some large bead caps.

That's the game plan, lots of hearts, lots of necklaces! Let's hope I can crank out a bunch of jewelry in time for Valentine's Day shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment