Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Silver-Plated?

Today's Silver Price: $28.99/t.oz.

I'm really considering buying some silver-plated chain this weekend. I have several necklace ideas that I haven't tried because sterling silver chain is expensive. It seems that everyone these days is wearing silver-plated or gold-plated jewelry.

I have these gorgeous shell pendants that I bought at a bead show years ago and I have never used them. I've been wanting to make necklaces with them but have never bought the right materials.



I can get a 20 ft spool of silver-plated chain for a little over $20.00. Economical? VERY. I'm thinking that if I can make silver-plated jewelry I can drastically increase my inventory and hold someone's attention longer both on my web page and at a craft fair table. I've been limited in the past with how much jewelry I can make because I have limits on how much I can spend on materials.

Hmmmm looks like I will be paying Rio Grande a virtual visit this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment