Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Double Header

Today's Silver Price: $32.93/t.oz.

I received my order from Rio Grande today! The production line is now in full swing! I have a craft fair on Saturday and Holiday Boutique Party on Sunday... LOTS TO DO!


Right now I'm working on some sterling silver earrings with Murano glass beads. They are very long dangle earrings and have sold very well in the past. They are fairly simple to create. The only tricky part is creating links for the beads. I am using 18 gauge sterling wire to thread the bead, then forming wrapped rings on each side. The beads can then be attached to the sterling components with jump rings.


Also in progress are several beaded bracelets, both sterling silver and copper. I should have almost 40 bracelets when I am done, including bracelets that I have made previously. I have a whole lot of wire spiral charms to make for these bracelets.




I'm very excited and optimistic about my two events this weekend. I will be displaying my largest collection of jewelry so far. This will be the biggest opportunity I have had for making money selling jewelry. Having two events in one weekend is great. I am doing two events, but I really am only preparing once. It will be a very busy weekend but I think it will be worth it! 

In my order today I received copper stripping that I am hoping to make cuff bracelets out of (with my baseball bat). It is very thick and I'm not sure if I will be able to cut it with the tools I have. Also I will have to file and polish the edges which are unexpectedly rough. I am also going to attempt to make rings out of this material. I think I can make some funky chunky rings with this stuff.

My displays are pretty much all set. I am using the same displays I have used in previous shows. No need to change things now. The earrings will be hung on window screens with painted black frames. The rings will be nestled in between rolled up black felt that has been sandwiched into black wire trays. The bracelets will be draped over paint rollers that have been wrapped in black felt. I will also have elastic wooden beaded bracelets and elastic shell beaded bracelets in glass bowls on the table. These I make and sell for a few bucks- they are usually pretty popular. I'll buy a plastic black tablecloth from the dollar store and be all set! Totally a DIY table display!

Tuesday evening I will be reporting my success...  :)


"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
                                                            -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment