Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Plans for the New Year

Today's Silver Price: $28.91/t.oz.

There are a few things I would like to accomplish in 2012 with regards to my business.

Upcoming holidays to plan for:

Valentine's Day, February 14th- lots of jewelry with hearts!

St. Patrick's Day, March 17th- shamrocks, celtic knots, lots of green!

Mother's Day, May 13th- all kinds of jewelry... maybe some pearls? Faux pearls that is.

2012 Business Goals:

Incorporation. I would like to transition from a Sole Proprietorship to a Limited Liability Corporation. When you incorporate a business you completely separate the business legally from your personal finances. I have to do a lot of research on this, I believe I may need a lawyer to incorporate. Also I should meet with an accountant and start paying quarterly taxes if this is to be a real business.

I also have to open a business bank account which I should have done a long  time ago. I spoke to a banker once about opening a business checking account but I did not go through with it. Once I have a bank account I can open a  merchant account, which would allow me to accept credit card payments. At craft shows and fairs the ability to take credit card payments could increase my sales dramatically.

Creative Goals:

Necklaces! I want to introduce necklaces into my jewelry line. Necklaces require more materials and I can charge more for them. I am also looking into using silver-filled wire as a cheaper alternative to sterling silver. I need to increase my working knowledge of copper, I have yet to master this material.

I am planning on starting a collection of hand-painted wooden wall signs for home decor. As my watercolor paintings have received many many compliments and praise, they have not lead to many sales.

Planning: I have to make a list of events I will attend in 2012. There are a few festivals that I know I want to participate in, and I think this will be the year that I start doing outdoor craft shows and fairs.



2012 looks to be a very exciting year. I hope to grow my business and to become a successful small business owner. With some optimism, perseverance and a whole lotta work, I know I can achieve my dream of self-employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment