Silver Current Designs: An Entrepreneurial Adventure

Employment, unemployment, self-employment, and everything in between.


Check out our shop! http://www.silvercurrentdesigns.etsy.com/


LIKE us on Facebook!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Twitter!

FOLLOW Silver Current Designs on Instagram!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Show and Tell: Photography Critique

Today's Silver Price: $28.90/t.oz.

I think my photography skills are improving. The pictures I am taking of my jewelry now are so much better than the pictures I was taking when I first started. I think the light tent has been a big factor in getting better shots, but also just the experience of having taken so many photos that I now know how to get a great pic of a bracelet or a pair of earrings. In the beginning I was taking 10 to 20 photos of each piece, which I would then have to narrow down to five pictures to post on my Etsy page. Now I know how to get the good shots, so I may end up only taking five pictures!












I was particularly impressed with my latest round of earring pictures. I think I may be getting better pictures because I am using more interesting backgrounds. It's tricky to find backgrounds (in my case I use scrapbook paper) that is visually interesting but does not overpower the jewelry. I am getting good results using papers that have blurry or faint images that compliment the jewelry and are not too distracting. I am also trying to use the tripod more, even though I get impatient setting up the shot. I need to allow myself enough time to take good photos, and not just rush through the process to get it done.








I'm pretty satisfied now with the pictures I've been posting on Etsy. I think they are attractive and eye catching and much more dynamic than my older pics. Hopefully over time my pictures will continue to improve and help to boost my sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment